John Chapman's Guide to Creativerse
How to start 5 - Weapons and Fighting
Even the stone sword isn't very good for killing and defending against monsters so it's important to know how to do this.
1. Fight from inside water. We've already covered this when we gathered rockstar rocks. None of the animals will enter water (unless you have tamed them). Be careful to stay out of range though and remember chizzards can fly and don't need to enter water to attack you. Fighting from a pool of mineral water is even better. You can find this in caves and in canyon areas.
2. Fight from the top of a three high column. Animals can only jump two blocks high but your sword can reach further. Again this doesn't help with chizzards and night leafies can climb.
3. Run towards, hit, run past, turn and repeat. A very effective method if you have lots of space. Works well on frozen oceans for arctic chizzards and arctic mirus.
4. Use a stun bomb. These will allow you to attack in safety for four seconds. You can also use this method to freeze animals while taming them (especially keepers.) Stun bombs can be made, are sometimes found in chests at night or can be dropped when a keeper is killed.
5. Put blocks of stone or earth between you and the monster, hide behind it and peep out sideways until your sword shows a red cross.
5. Keep running. This won't help you fight but will keep you alive if you get caught out at night.
6. Get some armor. You can use armor to survive longer making it less likely that you are killed. It comes in several grades just as in the case of weapons.
- Leather armor - get the leather (12) you need pigsies (who will defend themselves). You'll also need rockstar rocks (9) and twine (5). Make the twine with two vines in the processor.
- obsidian armor - you'll need obsidian (8), stone rods (8), leather (7) and miru eyes (6).
- iron armor -
- diamond armor
- lumite armor
Once you've made your first armor you'll see your character wearing it when you press 'E'. You'll also find the next armor set is available to craft.
To get the next level of sword and armor you'll need obsidian and miru eyes. Mirus are aggressive and difficult to kill. They can also be difficult for a new player to find. To kill one try hiding behind blocks like this:
This doesn't help if you can't find mirus though. Here's a suggestion.
- Dig a stepped tunnel down to the bedrock or limestone layer.
- Put a torch at this point and then dig a horizontal tunnel one block wide and two blocks high. Make this tunnel very long and don't put any lights in it. You can dig this in the dark but I suggest you press 'C' to go into crouch mode or risk falling into any caves.
- When you've dug a LONG way, go back to the tunnel start where your light is and block the entrance with a single block of grass. It's possible you might meet a monster on the way back!
- Mirus and other monsters will spawn in this dark tunnel. You will probably be able to see them from the entrance. If they don't come to you then remove the block of grass and approach them until they move to attack you. Block their path with a block of grass and kill them over the top of it.
If you dig down even further to the siltstone/stalactite layer this method will also allow you to find and kill warmworms easily.
To wear the next set of armor, press 'E' to go to the inventory and drag it over the leather armor. Store the leather armor in a chest because armor gets used up and you may need it again. You can mix sets of armor.
When you make an obsidian sword keep the stone sword as a backup sword in your inventory. Swords get used up too.
Here's the complete set of swords:
|Sword||To make it you need:|
3 rockstar rocks
2 wood rods
|Obsidian||3 obsidian bars
2 stone rods
4 miru eyes
3 iron bars
|Diamond||3 diamond bars
2 iron rods
2 obsidian rods
3 arctic miru eyes
4 corruption dust
|Lumite||3 lumite bars
2 diamond rods
4 trog horns
10 corruption dust